Skillet Home Fries are a magnificent fried potato dish made in a cast iron skillet. These potatoes are a breakfast classic. They are so easy to make and easily customizable with many mix-ins.
SKILLET BREAKFAST POTATOES
Growing up in southern Kentucky we had a large garden, where we produced a ton of potatoes. Needless to say, they dominated our plates daily. We loved those crispy cubed potatoes fried in bacon grease. Home fries are a breakfast side dish we absolutely loved! We always requested these to be served, the flavor was fantastic, and their appearance was beautiful.
Skillet Home Fries are a delicious and charming side dish, perfect for your breakfast table. Homemade fried breakfast potatoes when served in a cast iron skillet will impress your friends and family. This delightful recipe or our Breakfast Shredded Hash Browns can be ready in just minutes and is a lovely potato side dish.
Skillet potatoes are not just gorgeous, they are also delectable.
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE HOMEMADE HOME FRIES
- Bacon Grease
- Bell Pepper – chose your color
- Salt and Pepper
HOW TO MAKE SKILLET BREAKFAST POTATOES
Wash and scrub potatoes.
Place in a large pot and cover with water.
Bring to a boil and cook for 5-7 minutes.
Turn off heat and allow to sit until cooled off.
Dice potatoes and discard peels that fall off.
Dice onion and peppers.
Heat bacon grease in a 10” skillet over medium high heat.
Add onions and peppers and allow to cook for 2-3 minutes.
Add potatoes to skillet.
Cook for 5 minutes until bottom is browned.
Turn in sections and allow to cook until other side is browned.
Continue to cook and turn until desired crispness.
Season with salt and pepper.
After making our Skillet Home Fries, please review our other southern classic dishes. Take a minute and look around at our dinners, sides, or desserts offerings.
Thank you for choosing to spend some time with us!
Have a wonderful day!
Skillet Home Fries
- 4 tbsp Bacon Grease
- 1 lb Potatoes
- 1/4 Onion
- 1/4 Bell Pepper Whatever color
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Wash and scrub potatoes.
- Place in a large pot and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Turn off heat and allow to sit until cooled off.
- Dice potatoes discarding peels that fall off.
- Dice onion and peppers.
- Heat bacon grease in 10" skillet over medium high heat.
- Add onions and peppers and allow to cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add potatoes to skillet.
- Cook for 5 minutes until bottom is browned.
- Turn in sections and allow to cook until other side is browned.
- Continue to cook and turn until desired crispness.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Come visit us to see the latest updates, video recipe, handy tips and finished pictures at https://seniorskillet.com.