No knead bread is beautiful and delicious artisan bread. This handcrafted bread is spectacular, a loaf you will be proud to say you made in a cast iron dutch oven.
Our homespun crusty bread is absolutely gorgeous, baked to a golden brown crunch… absolute perfection!
NO KNEAD DUTCH OVEN BREAD
Growing up in Corbin, Kentucky, we loved when mom or granny baked bread. When we walked into the house, it was filled with that fresh baked bread smell. They typically made an extra loaf for us kids to have a slice before dinner. To this day, whenever we smell fresh bread it transports us back to that old country kitchen and waiting for that slice of warm fresh bread. Our kids are crazy about our fresh bread, they love to help because it’s so simple. They will forever remember not only it’s incredible taste but the amazing smell and seeing that crusty golden brown loaf.
We honestly love walking into those fancy bread stores, but nothing compares to our homemade! Once you’ve realized how amazing your own bread can be, you’ll come to understand that yours is better than any offered at those high-end shops. The appearance is magnificent, the taste is amazing… that perfect golden-brown crust with the soft white interior.
Our bread is not just beautiful, it’s delightful. This bread recipe will be a huge hit for the holidays and can be paired with any meal.
INGREDIENTS FOR HOMEMADE CRUSTY BREAD
- Active Dry Yeast
- Water – hot tap water
DIRECTIONS FOR HOW TO MAKE NO KNEAD BREAD
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, yeast, and salt.
Add water and stir until everything is well combined.
Cover with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature for at least 3 hours.
Flour work surface and turn out the dough. Add extra flour to the dough as needed to work and avoid sticking.
Using a pastry scraper, fold dough over on itself until a rough ball is formed.
Line a bowl with parchment paper and transfer the dough to the bowl.
Cover with a dishtowel.
Place covered dutch oven in oven at set to 450 degrees.
When oven (and dutch oven) are up to temperature, transfer parchment paper and dough to Dutch oven.
Cover and cook in oven for 30 minutes.
Uncover, remove parchment paper and return to oven uncovered until golden brown (about 10 minutes).
Remove bread from dutch oven and place on wire rack to cool.
Slice and serve.
After making our Crusty Bread, please review our other southern dishes. Check our website for our dinners, sides, or dessert offerings.
Thank you for choosing to spend some time with us!
Have a wonderful day!
No Knead Bread
- 3 cup Flour
- 1/4 tsp Active Dry Yeast
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 cup Water hot tap water
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, yeast and salt.
- Add water and stir until well combined.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature for at least 3 hours.
- Flour work surface and turn out dough. Add extra flour to dough as needed to work and avoid sticking.
- Using a pastry scraper, fold dough over on itself until a rough ball is formed.
- Line a bowl with parchment paper and transfer dough to bowl.
- Cover with a dish towel.
- Place covered dutch oven in oven and set to 450.
- When oven (and dutch oven) are up to temperature, transfer parchment paper and dough to dutch oven.
- Cover and cook in oven for 30 minutes.
- Uncover, remove parchment paper and return to oven uncovered until golden brown (about 10 minutes).
- Remove from dutch oven and place on wire rack to cool.
Come visit us to see the latest updates, video recipe, handy tips and finished pictures at https://seniorskillet.com.